Monday, June 19, 2006

Big Unbreakable Ben

Ben Roethlisberger, got cited by our very own Pittsburgh police force for riding without a helmet and permit. Who cares I say. No big deal. I don't think anyone else cares either.

In case you are wondering where I stand on this whole Ben, motorcycle thing, it's his life off the field, not our's, not the Steelers. Was what he did stupid and immature? Hell yes. It's not like he was caught fucking a hooker, doing lines off her back, while choking a baby. I mean Jesus Christ, people are acting like he owes the Steelers and us something. In reality, we owe him for giving us something I've been waiting for since the day I fell for the Steelers, a Super Bowl. People need to give the guy a break.

It was funny, my friend Ed and I were walking to the point for the Moe concert the Sunday before the crash and were in front of Jack's bar (I loathe that crowded, shitty bar. Not recommended. Go to Kopy's on 12th instead, literally a stones throw away). This guy with no helmet on decides to gun it and pop a wheelie right near us, we both shake our heads and I just said, "What a dumb-ass." I mean if the guy falls he's done. Ed of course agreed. I just hope Ben knows how lucky he is. He should be dead, thank god he's not. I don't think I could the Roethlisberger Era could to a halt like that.

No comments: